Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jan 10, 2022 Views: 37
A product key is not required when you download EndNote from the Library website.
To install EndNote correctly you will need to extract all the files from the zipped folder to access the installation file (EN20Inst.msi) then repeat the steps to install.
Right mouse click on the zipped folder and select Extract All… or double click on the folder and look for an Extract All option at the top of the page, then follow the on screen prompts to complete the installation process.
If you are unable to locate the zipped folder or it does not work, visit the Downloads page and repeat the installation process:
- Login to the secure downloads area.
- Enter your WesternAccount details (ID number and Western password).
- Click on EndNote 20 – Windows OS.
- Select the option to Save. If you do not receive this prompt, the zipped folder may have automatically downloaded into your browser.
- Right click on the folder and select Extract All…
- At the Select a Destination and Extract Files pop up window, choose Extract.
- Once the extraction process is complete, a pop window will appear displaying the Windows installer and DAT files. Double click on the installer package which will appear as a EN20Inst or EN20Inst.msi.
Windows will commence installing EndNote 20 to your computer.