Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jun 09, 2018 Views: 776
Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader. If you are a Western Sydney University staff member, using a University computer, you can check for the latest version of Adobe Reader in the Software Center on your computer.
If you still cannot view unit outlines once you have upgraded to the latest version of Adobe, you may need to adjust the settings in your browser to enable PDFs to display.
If you find that the PDFs still do not display in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox once you have adjusted the settings in the browser, you may need to follow the additional steps below as both browsers include a built in PDF viewer in which you may need to make adjustments to open the PDF with Adobe Reader instead.
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Chrome address bar and press 'Enter'
- Under 'Extensions' tick the Enable box alongside 'Adobe Acrobat'
- The Adobe Acrobat extension will appear as Enabled. Close and restart Chrome.
- If an error message still appears, select the Adobe icon at the top right hand corner of your browser and choose Open in Acrobat
- Click the menu button and choose 'Options'
- Select 'General' from the left-hand side
- In the 'Applications' box under 'Files and Applications' click on the drop down menu alongside 'Portable Document Format (PDF)' and select 'Use Adobe Acrobat Reader (default)'
- Close the 'Options' tab and restart Firefox