Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Aug 01, 2022 Views: 10
Editorial contributions and peer review research activities are used to demonstrate a track record for grants or academic promotions.
Adding editorial contributions to your Publons profile
- Forwarding their Editorial Receipts to email@example.com
- Sending screenshots of the peer review submission system to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the manuscript details form on the editor history page of their private dashboard
- Only people recognised by the journal as responsible for managing the peer editorial and peer review processes for manuscripts should add editor records to Publons.
- Publons currently support editor records for manuscripts submitted to journals or conferences.
- These editor records can be verified, and only verified records will be displayed on the detail pages of partnered journals. In addition, only the journal name will be displayed on the researcher's profile.
- Language editing or peer reviewing a paper does not qualify for an editor record on Publons.
Adding peer review activities to your ORCID iD
Peer review is a fundamental part of the research lifecycle.
Using your ORCID ID to enable connections with the organisations for which you perform reviews raises the visibility of your efforts and contributions. ORCID has worked with Community Members to develop ways to recognise resource use and enable you to share that information with publishers, funders, and research organisations.
- The peer review section of your ORCID record recognises individual contributions that you have made to other organisations.
- These contributions include evaluating journal articles, books, conference programs, grant award applications, and hiring and promotion
- Peer reviews can only be added to your ORCID record by a Trusted Organisation and permitted by the organiser of the peer review or evaluation (e.g. publisher, society, funder, or research institution)
- Or it can be done by a third-party review recognition service (e.g. Publons) that works with organisers (e.g.Trusted Organisation) to recognise your reviews