Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Mar 19, 2019 Views: 57
This error message appears when your first download of a textbook was authorized without an Adobe ID and you then attempt to download it again to another device.
In order to reset the download, please send an email to the library with the following information:
- Title, author and publication year of the textbook.
- Unit name and number.
- Document ID: This is located in the URL on the Proquest Central Ebook 'details page'. (The URL is located in the address bar of your browser).
- ProQuest Ebook Central username.
To obtain your Proquest Ebook Central username:
- Click on the ‘View online’ link within your unit reading list under ‘Prescribed Textbook’.
- Once you are directed to the textbook in ProQuest Ebook Central, click on ‘Settings’ then choose ‘Profile’.
- Copy and paste the username that displays alongside the ‘EMAIL/USERNAME’ field.
Library staff will reply to your email when the download has been reset. On your next attempt to download the textbook, please make sure you authorize your computer with an Adobe ID. This ensures you can download the same textbook to several devices. Instructions on how to do this are available here.