Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Mar 05, 2018 Views: 193
There will be a 'chapter download to PDF' allowance for each title you access. You will find this information from the book details page underneath 'Availability'. Special software is not required to download a chapter.
To download a chapter:
- Choose the 'Download PDF' link alongside the chapter you would like to download
- To download click on the 'Continue' button to sign in with your Western Account details
- Your PDF will prepare to download. In the 'Ready for Download' box click on the 'Download' button
If you have chosen the 'Read Online' option:
- Click on the chapter you would like to download from the 'Table of Contents' on the left hand side
- Choose the 'Chapter Download' PDF icon at the top of the page
- If you are prompted to Sign in to Ebook Central, click on the 'Continue' button and enter your Western Account details then choose the 'Chapter Download' link again
- In the 'Chapter Download' pop up window, choose your 'Citation style' from the drop down menu and click on 'Continue'. Check the citation for accuracy by referring to the Referencing and Citation guides.
- A PDF of the chapter will be created which can take a few moments
- Once the PDF is created click on 'Open PDF'
The number of downloaded pages will be deducted from your daily allowance. A chapter download does not expire and can be kept indefinitely.