Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jun 09, 2017 Views: 270
Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader. If you are a Western Sydney University staff member using a University computer, you can check for the latest version of Adobe Reader in the Software Center on your computer.
If you still cannot view unit outlines once you have upgraded to the latest version of Adobe, you may need to adjust the settings in your browser to enable PDFs to display.
If you find that the PDFs still do not display in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox once you have adjusted the settings in the browser, you may need to follow the additional steps below as both browsers include a built in PDF viewer which you may need to disable in order to view the PDFs with Adobe Reader instead.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the menu icon located alongside the address bar
- Choose Settings
- Click on + Show advanced settings
- Under Privacy click on the Content settings... button
- In the Content Settings... pop up window, scroll down to PDF Documents and untick Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application
- Click on the Finished button and restart Chrome
- Click the menu button and choose Options
- Select Applications from the left-hand side
- Scroll down the list and select Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Click on the drop down menu and select Use Adobe Acrobat Reader (default)
- Close the Options tab and restart Firefox