Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jul 15, 2016 Views: 233
Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader. If you are a Western Sydney University staff member using a University computer, you can check for the latest version of Adobe Reader in the Software Center on your computer.
If you still cannot view unit outlines once you have upgraded to the latest version of Adobe, you may need to adjust the settings in your browser to enable PDF’s to display.
If you find that the PDF’s still do not display in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox once you have adjusted the settings in the browser, you may need to follow the additional steps below as both browsers include a built in PDF viewer which you may need to disable in order to view the PDF’s with Adobe Reader instead.
- Open Google Chrome
- In the address bar, type in about:plugins
- Once the plugins tab has opened, scroll down until you see Chrome PDF Viewer and choose the link to Disable
- Check the plugin for Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. If the plugin is disabled, choose the link to Enable
- Close the plugins tab and restart Chrome
- Click the menu button and choose Options
- Select Applications from the left-hand side
- Scroll down the list and select Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Click on the drop down menu and select Use Adobe Acrobat Reader (default)
- Close the Options tab and restart Firefox