Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jul 28, 2017 Views: 349
You can save an EndNote library, including the filename.enl file, its associated.DATA folder, and all of its contents, to a single compressed file in order to back up your library or send a copy to a colleague. Later, you can restore the compressed library with EndNote.
Creating a Compressed Library File
1. Open the library in EndNote.
2. From the File menu, select Compressed Library (.enlx) to display a Compressed Library dialog.
3. Use the radio buttons to determine these options:
- Specify whether you want to Create a compressed library or to Create & Email the library.
- Specify whether you want to save file attachments with the library or not.
- Specify whether you want to save all references to the compressed library, only selected references or only the references in a specific group or group set.
- Click OK to display a file dialog. (For Windows computers click NEXT to display a file dialog)
4. Save the compressed library to a folder on your hard drive. You can rename the file name e.g MyEndNote Library Copy. Do not save the file to your desktop.
Restoring a Compressed Library File
1. Use EndNote to open the filename.enlx file, which will extract the .ENL file and the .DATA folder to the same folder where the. enlx file is located.
2. Use EndNote to open the filename.enl file .