Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Dec 15, 2017 Views: 5698
Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au
Last Updated: Dec 15, 2017 Views: 5698
- Select the Login link which will direct you to the secure downloads area
- Enter your WesternAccount details
- Select EndNote X8 - Windows OS
- At the File Download window choose a location on your computer to download the zipped file, and choose Save. Take note of the location and click on the 'Save' or 'Close' button
- A Zip file (EndNote X8.zip) will be downloaded to your computer. You will need to extract the files before you can commence installation. Locate the zip file then right click on the file and choose Extract All...
- The downloaded zip folder may instead appear in Downloads within your browser if you are using Chrome or Firefox. Choose the option to 'Show in folder' or 'Open Containing Folder' then locate and right click on the EndNote zip file to extract the files
- Make note of the location that the files will be extracted to. Tick the option to Show extracted files when complete. Click on the 'Extract' button
- Before you commence with installation, ensure that all other programs are closed
- Double click on the ENX8Inst installer package (The file may also appear as 'ENX8Inst.msi'). Note: If a previous installation of EndNote is found in the same folder, you will be given the option to either back up or overwrite the older files. If you back up files, they are placed in a Backup folder in the installation folder
- Click Next
- Accept the volume license agreement
- Select I accept the license agreement and click on 'Next'
- At 'Select Installation Type' choose Typical and click on 'Next'
- At Select Destination, by default, EndNote is installed in C:\Program Files\EndNote X8 folder. You can use the Browse button to change the folder selection if you wish, though it is recommended to save to the C drive. Click on 'Next'
- Click Finish
You can also view a short video which demonstrates the steps.