Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Mar 13, 2020 Views: 1335
Before downloading your textbook:
1. Download the Adobe Digital Editions app by choosing the 'Get it on Google Play' button
2. Choose the Install button to download
3. Select Open, to open Adobe Digital Editions
4. Tap on the menu icon at the top left of the screen, then select Settings
5. Select the AUTHORIZE button
6. Enter your Adobe ID (the email address you used to create your Adobe ID) and password, then select AUTHORIZE
Note: This is NOT your WesternAccount login, but an ID you need to create through the Adobe website, by selecting the Create an account link. For further information regarding Adobe IDs, please visit this page.
6. In order to read and download the book, hold your tablet in landscape view. Landscape is when the long edge is at the top.
7. Lock the screen on your tablet to keep it in landscape view
8. Tap on the Settings icon from the home screen
9. Tap on DEVICE at the top of the page
10. Tap on Display
11. Untick Auto rotate screen
Download and read your textbook:
1. Go to your textbook via the link provided (Go to the 'Readings and Resources' link from the left hand side menu in your unit vUWS page)
2. Log in with your WesternAccount (NOT your Adobe ID) if/ when prompted and click Submit
3. Select Download Book
4. In the popup window (Step 1. Device), choose Android (Phone, Tablet)
5. Select I'm using my own computer, choose Continue
6. The next window (Step 2. Install) will say that you need the Adobe Digital Editions app, choose Done with this step>
7. Select Download (Step 3. Download). A bar will appear while the download is being fulfilled.
8. The book will appear in your Adobe Digital Editions Library.
Note: Once you select Download in step 7, if you are not automatically directed to the Adobe Digital Editions app:
- Go to the home screen and choose the My Files app
- Choose Download history
- Select the textbook .acsm file
- In the Open with pop up menu, select Adobe Digital Editions and choose ALWAYS