Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Mar 05, 2018 Views: 1291
- Go to the Adobe Digital Editions website
- Install Adobe Digital editions (if you have already done this proceed to step 3)
2.1 Double click on Digital Editions Installer 4.5 .pkg
2.2 Click Continue twice
2.3 Agree to the license agreement, click Install
- Open Adobe Digital Editions
- Click on Help then Authorize this Computer
- Put in your Adobe ID (the email address you used to create your Adobe ID) and password.
Note: This is NOT your WesternAccount login but something you need to make using the create an Adobe ID link (circled above). For further information regarding Adobe IDs please visit the Adobe website.
6. Click Authorize
- Go to your textbook via the link provided in vUWS. (You will find it under the unit then 'Readings and Resources' on the left hand side.)
- Click on Full Download
- Click on Continue in the To download, please sign in popup window
- Enter your WesternAccount login (NOT your adobe ID) if/ when prompted and click Submit
- This will take you back to the book page. Click on the Full download button again
- In the popup window (Step 1. Device), choose Laptop Desktop
- Select I'm using my Own Computer, click on Continue
- The next window (Step 2. Install) will say you need Adobe Digital Editions, click Done with this step>
- Click Download (Step 3. Download)
- Click Save File (note the name and location)
- Go back to Adobe Digital Editions
- Click on File then Add to Library
- Browse to the downloaded file. If the file you downloaded is an Adobe Content Server Message (ASCM) file, you will need to select that in the bottom of the window.
- Once you have found the file, select it and click Add
- The file will then download (this may take a few minutes)
- Your textbook will open.
- When you are finished reading click on Library in the top left hand corner. All documents will be displayed in your Library, so every additional textbook you download will appear there.