Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Nov 07, 2018 Views: 98
The ASTM International Standards Collection provides access to some current standards from American Society for Testing and Materials.
You can also search for international equivalents within Standards Online (SAI Global) which provides full access to all Australian standards.
How to access ASTM Standards:
1. From the UWS Library home page navigate to the e-Resources in the Resources Menu.
2. Scroll down and choose ASTM International Standards Collection (HIS)
3. If you are off campus you will be prompted to enter your western account login details: id=your student/staff id number , password = western account password.
On the ASTM License Agreement page click on 'YES, I AGREE WITH THE LICENSE'
4. Enter your search term and choose from the predictive drop down list if there is a relevant option or click on the search icon
5. If you have just used the search icon look down the list of results offered and click on the standard name for more details, view the standard online or download PDF. Take note if there is a message telling you that the standard you are trying to view is superseded as you are not looking at the newest standard
6. When you have opened the standard you wish to view download or navigate to sections or versions as needed.
7. If the standard you wish to view is not available please contact the library for assistance.
If you would like to save content such as saved searches or annotations you can create an account by selecting the 'SIGN IN' box at the top of the page then select 'NOT ENROLLED? REGISTER NOW' . Continue to follow the prompts to register.