Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Feb 23, 2021 Views: 2491
Our campus libraries are open to the public. A limited number of public kiosk computers are available at all campus libraries, except at the Parramatta City Campus on Macquarie Street and Liverpool. These kiosks do not require a login and most e-resources, including journals and databases can be accessed from these computers. The following memberships, with the exception of Alumni, does not include off campus access to e-resources.
All Library clients are required to use the QR code to check in prior to entering the Library.
- Community members: Members of the public can join by providing current photo ID. A $100 registration fee applies and membership is valid for 12 months.
- Reciprocal members: Current students at other Universities, where their institution is a member of the ULANZ (University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand) reciprocal borrowing scheme, can join the Library. Please note, Open Universities Australia is not listed as a member. A $50 registration fee applies and membership is valid until the 28th February the following year. Further information on how to register can be found on the Library website.
- Alumni members: Graduates of the University and former staff can join the Library as an Alumni member. Alumni can either present a GradLife card or email confirmation of registration to GradLife online. There is no cost to join and members have off campus access to a limited number of e-resources. The intercampus request service is also included with membership.
- Nirimba TAFE- Students and staff: A current student or staff TAFE ID card is required and there is no cost to join.
- South Western Sydney Institute and Western Sydney Institute TAFE- Students and staff: A current copy of a clear TAFE Library record and a current student or staff ID card is required. There is a $50 registration fee and membership is valid until the 28th February the following year.
Members under 18 years of age require written parental/guardian authorisation.
We are cashless so a bank card is required to make a payment for registration fees.
Please visit the Library website for loan conditions.
These memberships do not include document delivery, intercampus requests (with the exception of Alumni members) or borrowing reserve material.