Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Aug 16, 2018 Views: 21160
A product key is not required when you download EndNote from the Library website. To install EndNote correctly you will need to select extract all to access the installation file (ENX8Inst.msi) in the zipped folder then repeat the steps to install.
Right mouse click on the zip file and select Extract all (Windows 8 and earlier) or click once on the zip file and look for an Extract all option at the top of the page (Windows 10) then follow the screen prompts to complete installation process.
If you are unable to locate the zipped file or it does not work, visit the Downloads page and repeat the installation process:
- Login to the secure downloads area
- Enter your WesternAccount details.
- Click on EndNote X8 – Windows OS
- Select Save from the choices given.
- Download the Zipped folder to your desktop
- Once downloaded click on the file then right click and select Extract all
- The Extraction wizard will then ask you to click on Next
- Once extracted click on the finished button
- You will now need to find the new folder on your desktop (the extracted folder). Click on the installer package which will appear as a ENX8Inst or ENX8Inst.msi file
- Windows will commence installing EndNote X8 to your computer