Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Mar 08, 2022 Views: 456
Access Standards Online Premium (SAI Global) database
- Click on the ‘Resources’ menu and select ‘e-Resources’ in the drop down menu.
- Under ‘Databases by Title’ select ‘S’.
- Scroll down the page to ‘Standards Online Premium (SAI Global)' and click on the title. If you are off campus you will be prompted to enter your login (WesternAccount login) details.
- To search for a standard, enter the standard number into the ‘Document Number’ search box, e.g. 31000 leaving out the AS/NZS prefix.
- Click on Download or View Online.
Log in / Register for a personal account
Login using your personal details. If it is the first time you are using Standards Online Premium, you will need to register for a personal account.
All documents will be watermarked with your account information to comply with Digital Rights Management.
The View Online option will load the standard in your browser.
Opening downloaded standards requires the FileOpen plugin and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Install the FileOpen plugin.
It is best to access Standards Online Premium using a computer or laptop as FileOpen is not available on mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
- Ensure that your PDF reader is up to date.
Downloaded PDF files can only be opened in a PDF viewer that supports FileOpen. If you try to open this file in any other application, such as a web browser, you will receive an error. You can download Acrobat for free by visiting the Adobe website. Alternative PDF readers are also available from the FileOpen website.
Open the downloaded file
- Locate the downloaded file.
- Right click on the file and choose to open with the PDF reader you have installed.
Important information about Standards Online Premium (SAI Global):
- Only 3 users can be logged in at any one time, so it is important to log out once you are finished so that others can gain access.
- The message ‘License Not Available, please try after some time’ will display when all licenses are currently in use. Please wait and try again later
- PDFs are locked to the computer on which they are first opened. This means that you cannot save it to a USB to open on another computer or save it to your WSU desktop or My Documents folder and open it on another computer. If you see a ‘Document Access Denied’ message you will need to redownload the standard on the computer you are currently using.
- It is recommended to redownload standards once every 2 months to maintain currency.