Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Nov 23, 2021 Views: 4
1) To get recognition for creating OER and an Open Syllabus you can:
- Contribute the OER to your ORCID iD.
- Use alternative metrics to report on your Open Textbook social media activity (downloads, shares, views).
- Report on OER for promotion and tenure.
2) Reputational increase with publishing OER may lead to further opportunities, e.g., Workshops, Tutoring, Casual employment, Tenure. This paper on Open Education in Promotion, Tenure, & Faculty Development provides information on how you might fit open education into promotions and tenure requirements. It includes descriptions of how you might report on the impact and import of your work, through the collection of data or evidence to support your work’s rigor. See also this adaptable advisory model as a guide to including OER work in your tenure and promotion portfolio.