Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Nov 17, 2021 Views: 23
To register and use Pressbooks, you will need to visit the Western Open Textbooks site, click on 'Sign In', then follow the prompts.
To register and use Pressbooks
1. The first time you visit the Western Open Textbooks, you will see the option to 'Sign In' at the top of the page. Click on 'Sign In' to be redirected to the 'Federation' login page (see screenshot below) and log in using your WesternAccount details.
2. Follow the prompts until you return to the Western Open Textbooks site. From here, you can:
- Author content (create a new textbook or Clone a Pressbooks Book) by clicking on 'Create a Book' (if you don't have any books) or 'My Books' (to see your list of authored books).
- Visit the Western Catalogue (once we have content to display).
- Visit the Pressbooks Directory, where you can browse content and download files.
- The 'Getting Started' page has information on how to create Open Textbooks.
If you wish to sign out, click on 'Sign Out' at the top of the page.
3. If you previously signed out of Western Open Textbooks, click on 'Sign In' at the top of the Western Open Textbooks page, then select WSU LOGIN (see screenshot below).