Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Nov 12, 2021 Views: 6
Pressbooks is online software that enables authors and publishers to design and format any kind of book, including:
- PDF: for print or print on demand.
- EPUB: for Apple iBook, Nook, Kobo, Kindle and most other eBook platforms.
- Webbook: private or public.
All book formats are produced using templates that are optimised to look great in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. File exports produced with Pressbooks can be exported and downloaded from Pressbooks and distributed or shared however you like.
The advantages of Pressbooks include:
- A simple, familiar interface.
- Professionally designed book files, without complex software.
- Unlimited ability to edit, update, and (re)export books.
- Ability to collaborate with other authors and editors.
- A variety of book formats.
- Affordable access.
- Complete control over your own content.
Note: Pressbooks is fully functional for users of all modern web browsers and operating systems. Pressbooks do not guarantee full support for users Internet Explorer and other legacy browsers so to get the most out of Pressbooks, they recommend that users choose a different web browser for authoring and viewing Pressbooks content.