Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jul 14, 2021 Views: 5
Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au
Last Updated: Jul 14, 2021 Views: 5
Yes, via the Plan S. movement.
The removal of journal paywalls and the challenge to traditional publishing practices.
Here’s how it works:
- Researcher Funder should publish their peer-reviewed papers outside journal paywalls.
- Under a liberal licence so that anyone can download, reuse or republish the paper.
- Researchers can publish their final paper OA in a journal, or they can make the accepted, peer-reviewed version of their manuscript available online in an approved repository.
- cOAlition S has rolled out a ‘Journal Checker Tool’ that promises to let researchers see their compliant publishing options for any journal. Need to know more? Review, here
The key benefits of publishing Gold AO:
- Freely available to a global audience without delay
- Potentially more views, downloads and citations