Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jul 01, 2021 Views: 1
Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au
Last Updated: Jul 01, 2021 Views: 1
Benefits to academic staff
- Increases student retention by reducing costs.
- Assures academic freedom to modify or add content to your specifications (create once, use many times).
- Extends your academic profile.
- Provides more relevant and engaging materials for your students.
Benefits to students
- Low cost or free.
- Easy to find and access - even before classes start.
- More customised and relevant.
This infographic from BCcampus provides more information on the benefits of using OER.
Should you require support or advice with any part of the OER process, contact your School Librarian.