Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jul 05, 2021 Views: 6
The Library only requires finalised PDF (electronic copy) of your thesis, and a completed Right of Access form to the Graduate Research School. The Right of Access form allows you to specify the access conditions for your thesis in ResearchDirect.
The electronic copy must be deposited to the Western Sydney University Institutional Repository, ReadingsDirect, using this online form, on the successful completion of your degree.
- Your thesis must meet the Research Code of Practice - (in particular, Part D – Publication). Please also refer to the Higher Degree Research Examination Handbook for guidance on thesis formatting.
- Your thesis for deposit with the Library should not include your signature, e.g. on the declaration page, as this can be harvested by Google and appear in Google images.
- If your thesis contains published articles, the author-accepted versions of the articles should be included in the electronic copy. For information on author-accepted manuscripts visit the Copyright Relating to Higher Degree by Research Thesis page.
- If your thesis contains other copyright material, you must obtain permission. See the Copyright Office page on Copyright Relating to Higher Degree by Research Thesis.
- Refer to the FAQs for depositing the final thesis.