Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jul 16, 2020 Views: 10
If a journal title does not abbreviate, even after you have installed a term list, the title is not in that list. You could first check other EndNote Term Lists to see if it is included in one of these. If not included in these other lists, you can check whether there is a standard title abbreviation for the journal using a publication such as the Ulrich’s periodicals directory. You can then add the abbreviation manually.
- Go to Ulrichsweb: Global Serials Directory and enter the journal title into the search box.
- Select the journal title from the search results list, then click on the Additional Title Details drop down for abbreviation information.
- Open your EndNote library and select Tools from the menu bar.
- Select Open Term Lists from the drop-down options and then Journals Term List.
- Select Edit Term… and enter the full journal title under Full Journal and the abbreviation under Abbreviation 2.
- Click OK and EndNote will now be able to abbreviate the journal title.