Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: May 16, 2019 Views: 12
You can save searches using the Library search box and receive email alerts for when new materials matching the search criteria are available through the Library.
- Sign in to the Library search box using your Western Account details.
- Conduct a search by entering search terms into the ‘Search all resources’ bar or use the Advanced Search.
- Click on the pin icon labelled ‘Save query’ displayed at the top of the results list.
- To see your saved search, click on the large pin icon at the top right corner of the page to go My Favourites.
- In My Favourites, click on the Saved Searches tab. To set an alert, click on the bell icon next to the search query. Notifications of new items that meet the search criteria will be sent to your Western Account email address. You can turn off alerts by clicking the bell icon again.
To view new material in your saved search, click on the saved search link then sort by 'Date-newest'. Items that have been recently added to your search will be placed at the top of the search results.