Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Aug 16, 2018 Views: 68
"Capture Reference" is a tool that allows you save and create a web page reference in your EndNote Desktop or EndNote Online library.
Follow the instructions below to get started.
To install the EndNote “Capture Reference” tool
- Log into EndNote Online -https://access.clarivate.com/#/login?app=endnote
- Select the Downloads menu
- Drag the “Capture Reference” tool onto your browser favourites or bookmarks toolbar
To capture a web source
- Log into EndNote Online -https://access.clarivate.com/#/login?app=endnote . You will be prompted to do so if you are not already when you click on the “Capture Reference” .
- As you are viewing the webpage or web document you wish to reference click on the “CaptureReference” tool.
- Choose EndNote (desktop) or my.endnote.com (EndNote Web) and fill in the details of the resource you are viewing.
- Click Save to
- If you are saving to EndNote Desktop you will receive the following instruction. Save the download file as prompted and open in your EndNote Library as normal.
6. If you are saving to EndNote Web you will receive the following confirmation. Click on "[Unfiled]"
7. The reference will appear under "[Unfiled]" in your EndNote Online library