Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Apr 24, 2018 Views: 1960
Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au
Last Updated: Apr 24, 2018 Views: 1960
- Go to https://scholar.google.com.au/
- 'SIGN IN' to your Google account or Signup for a new account if you don’t have one. You can choose to use your Western email address at signup if you do not want to use/ create a gmail account.
- Click on 'My profile' to set up your Google Scholar Profile. You can also update your profile via this link in future.
- Enter your details and ensure that you use your Western Sydney University email address so your affiliation can be verified. Click 'Next'.
- Google will search for any article groups that match your name and list them. Have a look through the list and check the box to the left of a group if you would like to add a whole group or click on the number of articles to the right of a group to see a list of articles. Please see How can I add my publications to my Google Scholar profile? for additional instructions.
- You may have a number of pages of results to check. Use the arrows at the bottom to look through each page, adding records as you go. The first time you do this will be the biggest list to check.
- It is advisable to allow Google Scholar to 'Apply updates automatically' as it will capture your publications as they become available in the search engine. You can add and remove items from your profile at any time.
- Check the box next to 'Make my profile public' to ensure that your profile is visible.
- Click 'Done'.
- In order to verify your affiliation, you will need to respond to the email you receive from Google Scholar.
- Now that your profile is created you may want to add additional details. Add a photo of yourself by clicking on the camera icon and choosing a photo from your files.
- Add Co-authors to link to their profiles by choosing EDIT.
- If you have not done so in step 8, click on 'MAKE PUBLIC' so that you, your publications and your citations will be discoverable in Google Scholar.
- To edit your profile details at any time click on the crayon icon or the Review link to can change your name, institution and email details.
- To delete articles that have been added to your profile by mistake, check the box to the left of the entry/entries you wish to delete then click on the Delete button that will appear at the top of your list.