Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Mar 13, 2018 Views: 1851
Titles in ProQuest Ebook Central can be downloaded to your computer or device for a limited period of time. After the period has expired you can repeat the download process again and continue to read off line.
In order to download titles, you need to install Adobe Digital Editions, which is software that is available free of charge. You will be prompted to install this program as part of the download process if it has not been installed beforehand.
- Click on Sign In at the top right hand corner
- Enter your Western Account credentials
- Click on Full Download
- Choose the device you are using (For Surface Pro select Laptop Desktop). Click 'Continue'
- To install Adobe Digital Editions choose 'Get Adobe Editions'. If you have already installed this software, select 'Done with this step'
- Click on the Download button
- An ACSM file will be created from the download. A pop-up window should appear prompting you to choose a program to open the file with. Select 'Open with' and choose to open with 'Adobe Digital Editions' from the drop down menu. Click 'OK'
Please allow a few moments for the file to download. The Adobe Digital Editions program should automatically open and you should be able to read the downloaded book at that point.
Depending on the browser you are using, once you download the ACSM file, if Adobe Digital Editions does not automatically open, the file may still be sitting under Downloads in your browser. If you click on the ACSM file from Downloads, this should prompt the Adobe Digital Editions program to open with the ACSM file.