Answered By: I C Last Updated: Nov 09, 2016 Views: 146
Answered By: I C
Last Updated: Nov 09, 2016 Views: 146
To manually remove footnotes in Word, you need to work with the citation number given in your writing.
- Select the citation number that you would like to remove
- Press the Delete key which will remove the citation number as well as the footnote entry which corresponds with the citation number.
To remove all footnotes with the Find and Replace function
- Select Replace within the Editing section of the Home ribbon
- Place the cursor in the Find What box, and select Footnote Mark from the drop down menu. If the drop down menu is blank, enter “^f” into the Find What box and select Replace All.
- Close the Find and Replace dialog box. This function should remove all the citation numbers and corresponding footnotes.