Answered By: I C Last Updated: Jan 29, 2016 Views: 903
The journal abbreviations are contained in the Medical Journals term list supplied with your EndNote software, and located in C:\ Program Files\ EndNote\Term Lists.
1. To import the Medical Journals term list, open your EndNote Library
- From the Tools menu click Define Term Lists…
- Highlight the Journals terms list under the Lists tab, then click Import List…
- Select Medical.txt from the Term Lists folder (located in C:\ Program Files\ EndNote\ Term Lists), then click Open
- A Journals pop up box will appear with the number of terms inserted into the ‘Journals’ term list. Click OK then close the Term Lists window.
2. To modify the Vancouver output style to use abbreviated journal titles
- From the Edit menu, select Output Styles and choose Edit “Vancouver”
- Click on Journal Names from the left and choose Abbreviation 2 on the right within the Vancouver pop up box.
3. To set in-text citations to superscript numbering
- While still within the Vancouver pop up box, select Templates to the left and highlight (Bibliography.Number) under Citation.
- Click on the capital A with a superscript 1 at the top then close the Vancouver window.
- You will be prompted to save changes to the EndNote style file before closing. Click on Yes
- Enter the Style name and click Save. The edited style will now appear in your list of output styles within EndNote and Word.