Answered By: I C Last Updated: Feb 01, 2017 Views: 153
GradeMark QuickMark sets are initially only accessible by the person who created them. However, they can be shared with others via email by following these steps:
1. The creator of the QuickMark comment set logs into vUWS and navigates to a vUWS site containing a Turnitin link.
2. From the site Control Panel, choose Course Tools >Turnitin Assignments, and click any Turnitin link (it does not matter which Turnitin Assignment you choose as you are simply using it to access your QuickMark Manager).
3. Once the Assignment inbox appears, go to the Libraries tab (two tabs along from the inbox). By default, this will display your QuickMark Manager and all the sets you have available.
4. Select the set of QuickMarks which is to be shared by clicking the name of the set in the left hand panelarea.
5. Next, click the arrow icon in the upper right corner of the QuickMarks Manager window . This gives the option to import or export a set.
6. Select Export Set
7. A ‘Save As’ dialogue box will appear. Choose a location on your computer to save the qms file. Note: The qms file is only readable within GradeMark, so there is no need to open the file. Simply save it to a location you can find it later, e.g. Desktop or My Documents. (Sometimes your browser settings may mean the file is saved to your Downloads folder automatically – that’s fine).
8. Finally, attach the saved qms file to an email to share your QuickMark set with the email recipients.
To import a qms file sent to you via email
The recipient should firstly save the qms file from the email to a location on their computer. There is no need to try opening the file, simply save it.
Next follow steps 1-3 and 5 as above (no need for step 4 to select a set) – i.e. log into vUWS, navigate to the QuickMark Manager, click the arrow icon, this time choosing Import Set at step 6.
- Click the Choose file button and locate the correct qms file on your computer.
- Select the qms file and click ‘Open’ in the dialogue box.
- Click Import.
- After a few moments the message ‘Import complete’ will appear at the bottom of the screen
- Click Close.
- The imported QuickMark set will be displayed in the QuickMark Manager and will be available for use in the Document Viewer..
For more information, please refer to: Providing feedback to students with GradeMark
For technical assistance please contact the IT service desk.