Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Oct 05, 2016 Views: 3381
Instructors can download student papers in bulk from the Turnitin Assignment Inbox. There are three download format options – Original File, Original File as PDF, or GradeMark Papers (showing final grade, comments and/or rubric scoring).
- Log into vUWS
- From the Course Management Control Panel, choose Course Tools > Turnitin Assignments
- Choose the appropriate Turnitin Assignment from the choice(s) provided.
- At the Assignment Inbox, select the boxes next to the authors for the papers you wish to download (Figure 1).
NB: If you want to download all submissions, click on the box in the header bar, next to the author column header.
- A yellow bar will appear on the screen notifying you of the number of papers selected and displaying the options for Download (Figure 2).
- Choose a download option.
- Click OK on the notification that the files will be compressed and downloaded to your computer.
- You will see on-screen confirmation as follows: Your files are being compressed. When compression is complete a zip file will be available for download in your Turnitin Messages tab.
- When your files are ready to download, you will see a new message notification in the Messages tab at the top of the Turnitin window.
- Click on the Messages tab. You should see a Bulk Download message saying that your file is ready for downloading. Click on the title of the message to open the message.
- Click on the link to begin downloading the file.
- When you see the File Download dialog box, choose the Save option and choose where you want to save the downloaded papers.
- The downloaded zip file will contain the downloaded papers in the specified format.
NB: ‘Original File’ and ‘Original File as PDF’ downloads will append each file name with the author’s name. However if you have chosen to download GradeMark papers, the names of these files will only be the title that the students gave to their submission.
The Zipped folder includes a file called manifest.txt with a list of the downloaded files, including each student's name and the title of their paper. This enables you to tell which PDF file belongs to which student.
For technical help with Turnitin, please contact the IT Service Desk on 9852 5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org