Answered By: I C Last Updated: Jul 01, 2016 Views: 819
To access the full functionality of Library electronic resources, you will need to enable the following internet settings. Access to library resources would be severely limited or not possible without making these changes.
If accessing from a workplace see: Firewall and anti-virus software on your machine or network
The instructions below are for the most common configurations for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
Clearing the cache
These problems are often caused by your browser calling up old information from your cache or cookie folder. Clearing them usually solves the problem.
Internet Explorer 8
1. On the ‘Tools’ menu of your Internet Explorer toolbar, click on ‘Delete Browsing History’
2. Click on ‘Temporary Internet Files’
3. Click ‘Delete’ button near the bottom of the window.
4. Close all your Internet Explorer windows and reopen to test to see if this has resolved the problem.
Internet Explorer 7
- From the browser menu bar, select Tools > Internet Options
- At the General tab, click on the Delete button that is listed under Browsing History
- At the Delete Browsing History window, click on Delete files... and click on the Yes button at the prompt
- Click on Delete Cookies... and click on the Yes button at the prompt
- Click on the Close button
- Click on the OK button
For other versions of Internet Explorer, please see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/help
- From the browser menu bar click on Tools
- Select Clear Private Data Now from the drop down menu
- Check the Cache checkbox
- Check the Cookies checkbox
- Click on the Clear Private Data Now button
2. Select Tools.
3. Select Clear browsing data.
4. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for
--Clear browsing history
--Clear download history
--Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data
--Empty the cache
5. Select “beginning of time” from the drop-down menu at the top
6. Click Clear browsing data.