Answered By: I C Last Updated: May 31, 2016 Views: 8843
You may be trying to submit a file in a format which is not accepted by Turnitin. Turnitin will only accept the following:
- The file must be less than 40 MB
- The file must contain more than 25 words of text
- The file must be less than 400 pages in length
- The file does not contain spaces in between every letter (l i k e t h i s).
- The file must be in one of these formats:
- Microsoft Word® (.doc / .docx)
- OpenOffice Text (.odt)
- Google Docs via Google Drive™ (.gdoc files are NOT acceptable)
- WordPerfect® (.wpd)
- PostScript (.ps/.eps)
- Adobe® PDF
- Microsoft PowerPoint® (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)
- Microsoft Excel® (.xls and .xlsx)
- Rich text format (.rtf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
Note: PDF documents must contain text to be submitted. PDF files containing only images of text will be rejected during the upload attempt. To determine if a document contains actual text, copy and paste a section or all of the text into a plain-text editor such as Microsoft Notepad or Apple TextEdit. If no text is copied over, the selection is not actual text. Also, if a PDF file is saved as a protected file it cannot be submitted to Turnitin. To successfully upload your paper to Turnitin, you will need to remove security settings.
Please note Turnitin does not support the following file types; Microsoft® Works (.wps); Apple Pages; Spreadsheets created outside of Microsoft Excel (i.e. .ods); GDOC files (.gdoc).