Answered By: I C Last Updated: Oct 28, 2016 Views: 3079
- Select the Login link which will direct you to the secure downloads area
- Enter in your Western Account details
- Select EndNote X7 - Windows OS link
- At the File Download window choose a location on your computer to download the zipped file, then choose the Save option. Take note of the location and click on the Save or Close button
- A Zip file will be downloaded to your computer
- Once the download has completed, locate the zip file on your computer, as you will need to extract the files before you can commence installation
- To do this, right click on the EndNoteX7.zip file and choose the Extract All option
The downloaded zip folder may instead appear in Downloads within your browser if you are using Chrome or Firefox. Choose the option to Show in folder or Open Containing Folder then locate and right click on the EndNote zip file to extract the files.
- Make note of the location that the files will be extracted to. Tick the option to Show extracted files when complete. Click on the Extract button to start the extraction process.
- To commence installation, ensure that all other programs are closed.
Double click on the ENX7Inst installer package (The file may also appear as ENX7Inst.msi) to start installation.
Note if a previous installation of EndNote is found in the same folder, you will be given the option to either back up or overwrite the older files. If you back up files, they are placed in a Backup folder in the installation folder.
- Accept the Next prompt to initiate the installation process
- Accept the volume license agreement
- Select I accept the license agreement and click on Next
- At the Select Installation Type screen choose Typical and click on Next
- At Select Destination, by default, EndNote is installed in the C:\Program Files\EndNote X7 folder. You can use the Browse button to change the folder selection if you wish, though it is recommended to save to the C: drive. Click on Next
- Click Finish to close the installation program, or click Run to start EndNote
You can also view a short video which demonstrates the steps.