Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Jul 21, 2017 Views: 28
There will be a 'chapter download to PDF' allowance for each title you access. You will find this information from the book details page underneath 'Available for Online Reading'. Special software is not required to download a chapter.
To download a chapter:
1. Choose 'Chapter Download' from the book details page
2. If you are prompted to Sign in to Ebook Central, click on the 'Continue' button and enter your Western Account details then choose the 'Chapter Download' link again
3. In the 'Chapter Download' pop up window, choose your 'Citation style' and the 'Chapter name' from the drop down menu and click on 'Continue'. Check the citation for accuracy by referring to the Referencing and Citation guides.
4. A PDF of the chapter will be created which can take a few moments
5. Once the PDF is created click on 'Open PDF'
Instructions on how to download a chapter can also be viewed through this short video.
The number of downloaded pages will be deducted from your daily allowance. A chapter download does not expire and can be kept indefinitely.