Answered By: Tracey Tishler Last Updated: Jul 17, 2017 Views: 144
Before downloading your textbook:
- Download Bluefire App by choosing the 'Windows' link
- In order to use the app, you will need an Adobe ID (Note: The Adobe ID is not your Western login. Your Adobe ID will be the email address you enter when you create your ID.)
- Hold your iPad in landscape view. Landscape is when the long edge is at the top.
- Set the Auto-Lock on your iPad to keep it in landscape view.
- Tap on Settings from the home screen.
- Tap on Display & Brightness.
- Tap on Auto Lock.
- Tap on Never.
Download and read your textbook:
1. Go to your textbook via the link provided (Go to the 'Readings and Resources' link from the left hand side menu in your unit vUWS page)
2. Click on Full Download
3. Click Continue in the Sign In to Ebook Central to download books popup window
4. Enter your Western ID and password (NOT your Adobe ID) and click Submit.
5. You will be directed back to the book page. Click on the Full Download button again
6. In the popup window (Step 1. Device), choose iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod)
7. Select I'm using my own computer, click on Continue
8. The next window (Step 2. Install) will say that you need Bluefire Reader. If you have installed it, click Done with this step>
9. Click Download Your Book (Step 3. Download)
10. In the Open in Bluefire Reader pop up window, select Open
11. Your textbook should now be ready to ready now or read later
For instructions on how to read your book and use notes see the Bluefire reader user guide that is available from the app.