Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.au Last Updated: Feb 22, 2017 Views: 800
Titles in ProQuest Ebook Central can be downloaded to your computer or device for a limited period of time. After the period has expired you can repeat the process of downloading and continue reading off line.
In order to download titles, you will be required to install Adobe Digital Editions, which is software that can be obtained free of charge. You will be prompted to install this program as part of the download process if it has not been installed beforehand.
1. Click on the Sign In at the top right hand corner. You will be prompted to enter your Western Account login
2. Choose Read Online underneath the image of the book cover
3. Once the book loads, click on the Full Download icon at the top of the page
4. Choose the device that you will be accessing the book from (For Surface Pro select Laptop
Desktop). Click Continue
5. A prompt will appear to install Adobe Digital Editions which you can obtain by choosing Get Adobe Editions. If you have already installed this software, select Done with this step
6. Choose the number of days you would like to download the book for from the DOWNLOAD PERIOD drop down menu. Select Download Your Book.
7. An ACSM file will be created from the download. A pop-up window should appear prompting you to choose a program to open the file with. Select Open with and choose to open with Adobe Digital Editions from the drop down menu. Click OK
8. Please allow a few moments for the file to download. The Adobe Digital Editions program should automatically open and you should be able to read the downloaded book at that point.
Depending on the browser you are using, once you download the ACSM file, if Adobe Digital Editions does not automatically open, the file may still be sitting under Downloads in your browser. If you click on the ACSM file from Downloads, this should prompt the Adobe Digital Editions program to open with the ACSM file.